Nothing makes your meals taste better than the freshest ingredients. The Prepara herb-savor will prolong the life of your fresh herbs for up to 3 weeks so you can enjoy fresh, flavorful meals every time you cook. Chosen as one of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2010. Prolong the life of your fresh herbs. After 2 weeks The Herb Savor is laboratory tested and proven to prolong the life of your fresh herbs for up to 3 weeks. The water well in the base of the Herb Savor irrigates your fresh herbs allowing the stems to draw up fresh water. Perfect for parsley, cilantro, asparagus, basil and more. For best results, change the well water every few days. Modern and Clever Design. The Herb Savor features a modern design with a sleek white base and crystal-clear top cabinet. Thanks to the slim profile and non-slip base, it fits comfortably inside a typical refrigerator door while providing roomy vertical herb storage capacity. The easily refillable water well base ensures that herb stems sit slightly submerged in water, keeping them fresh. Use the removable stainless steel rinsing basket (located inside the clear cabinet) to easily wash fresh herbs and support them when storing. Use fresh herbs to flavor soups, salads, marinades and more. In the Prepara test kitchen, herbs stayed fresh for over three weeks in the herb savor, compared to 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator only. Prepara’s Herb Savor is 100% BPA free and top rack dishwasher safe. Use as part of a healthy lifestyle. Remove the clear herb cabinet, open (cabinet is made of two parts) and remove the included herb basket. Place selected herbs on the herb basket (ensure that herbs are arranged so that all stems are pointed towards the base end of the basket). Rinse herbs in herb basket under cool running water. Place herbs and herb basket on one side of the open herb cabinet and snap both cabinet sides together. Insert cabinet with herbs upright (stems facing down) into white water well base for secure storage. Remove green plunger and add water to base reservoir. Place herb savor in your fridge. Enjoy fresh herbs for up to three weeks. With the herb savor, herbs stay fresher, longer. Prepara tools are designed to enhance your cooking experience and simplify preparation. We strive to make every tool an extension of the cook with simple, elegant designs and kitchen-tested reliability and performance. We hope Prepara tools help you develop a true passion for cooking and entertaining.
- Triple the life of your fresh herbs Our BPA-free containers are designed to prolong the life of your fresh herbs, while being easy to use and fit into any fridge door. The advantage of our design is the clear windowed, hard shell protect leaves from being crushed by other items in the fridge and they let you see what’s inside, while letting them breath at optimum hydration levels. Now that’s better than wrapping them in a damp cloth!
- It’s so simple- rinse and pat dry your basil, cilantro, mint, parsley, chives, rosemary, oregano, thyme, dill or even your asparagus. Place them into the Pod and add some fresh water through the tethered filler cap. Remember to empty the old water and refill every 3 to 5 days and the herbs will be happy for up to 3 weeks!
- Designed in the USA by a very prolific team, famous for many household ‘must-have’ tools and gadgets. We invented The Herb Savor to maximize the life of your tasty herbs and greens keeping them fresh and crisp. We love food and it’s especially good when you use fresh herbs to enliven your dish.
- Our Herb Saver line is extensive and they beautifully fit any kitchen décor. Oprah Winfrey famously selected the Prepara Herb Savor product as one of her Ultimate Favorite Things; Oprah says she was in an herb tizzy. “I was asking everybody, ‘How do you keep herbs fresh?’ including Martha Stewart herself,” she says. “But then I discovered this.” The Prepara Herb Savor keeps herbs fresh for up to three weeks, depending on the herb, by submerging the stems in water. “It’s a basil saver,” Oprah says.
- Awarded the ‘Kitchen Hero’ tag by Readers Digest magazine, Featured on the show The Doctors, oh yes, herbs are good for your health and also appearing in Cucina Italiana magazine because herbs enhance the flavors of any dish.