In Secrets of a Backyard Chef, author and “pit master” Tim Jay Duncan shares some of his favorite barbecuing, grilling, and smoking tips, techniques, and recipes. Included are recipes for preparing various cuts of beef, chicken, pork, fish, wild game, and vegetables, along with a number of Tim’s favorite side dishes and desserts. Of interest to anyone wanting to become more skilled in the fine art of backyard cooking!
Sesame smoked duck over soba noodles
Smoky peach cobbler
Baconwith three different finishes
Smoked buffalo chicken potpie
And much more!
In partnership with world-renowned Bradley Smokers, which produces a range of smokers in various sizes, five of its online bloggers/pro staff will produce a cornucopia of recipes that anyone can duplicate with their own smokervegetables; appetizers; wild game; components that work in other stove-top, grilled, and oven-baked dishes; and a number of recipes for foods you wouldn’t normally associate with smoking.
Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We’ve been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
- Dimensions: 8.5L x 1W x 10.25H in.
- Written by Bradley Smokers Pro Staff
- Introduction into the art of smoking
- Includes recipes, tips, and tricks
- Works best with Bradley Smokers
“There’s no better place in the world for meat, conversation, and good old friendship.”
“For generations, the Lobel brothers have been New York’s preferred meat purveyors and trusted authorities to the carriage trade, with a staunch following among the city’s top hosts, caterers, and chefs. Now, with the tell-all publication of Prime Time, the Lobels make it possible for any literate carnivore to reach master status at the grill, whether one is in the mood for the best of all classic burgers or more cosmopolitan main events such as Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs. Fire up!”
–Michael and Ariane Batterberry Founding Editors of Food Arts and Food & Wine magazines
“One of the best reasons I can think of for staying home is to cook myself a steak from Lobel’s. The quality is always great. They are among the nicest institutions on the East Side, and it’s fun to see a bunch of guys waving butcher knives at me every time I pass their window.”
Highlights: Easy to use. Premium quality. Very sturdy and easy to use for cooking and serving. Ergonomic design. FDA approved silicone. BPA free. Perfect for outdoor barbeque or grilling in the kitchen. Versatile, clean and healthy. Amazing grip and non-stick friendly. Essential kitchen utensils. Firm and durable. 403 stainless steel handles. High heat protection. Strong, flexible and durable. Heat resistant. Scalloped silicone tips built to withstand temperatures up to 482°f. Works well for turning and lifting appetizer cheese, fish, crab, chicken, turkey, burger, asparagus, vegetable salad, ice block, escargot, pastry, cake and taco. Features: FDA approved. BPA free. Heat resistant. Scratch resistant. Easy to use. Perfect for outdoor and indoor. Amazing grip and non-stick. Essential kitchen utensils. Sturdy constructed from top quality brushed stainless steel tongs are cushioned and have nonslip handles and thumb rests and gently raised edges provide perfect grip, ensuring that food arrives on your plate, not the table. Perfect for cooking and serving all your favorite foods – turning delicious fried chicken in the fry pan, removing hot cookies from the oven, serving salad, spaghetti, vegetables and more. Our 9 inch and 12 inch food tongs have large hanging loops for easy storage and clean up is a breeze – simply wipe under hot water or throw them in the dishwasher. Easy to clean, easy to use and easy to lock and unlock. You can use them on everything from a thin fish fillet to a bone in rib-eye steak and they work like a charm.
- Heat resistant and perfect for outdoor barbeque or grilling in the kitchen
- Easy to clean and store, non-stick friendly, non-stick tongs with a smooth lock is perfect for non-stick cookware
- You never know how much you needed a particular cooking tool until you get it
- What is in the package: Food tong set (9.25 inch/12.01 inch)
CUT RESISTANT GLOVES let you handle your grater, knives, and mandolin without worrying if you’ll need to bandage a finger. Get superior protection against sharp blades without sacrificing comfort gloves are ultra-thin, soft against the skin, and highly elastic. Weighing less than an ounce, they have none of the bulk found in other gloves on the market offering the same protection. Prepare food or work on jobs requiring precision with complete dexterity. You’ll never feel like you’re wearing armour on your hands or auditioning for a part on Game of Thrones. Because every order includes 2 ambidextrous gloves, save one for meal prep and use the second for your other blade friendly jobs. TONGS • Heat resistant silicone tips • BPA Free silicone • Non-Stick friendly tongs – perfect for both non-stick cookware, the grill, or as salad tongs or serving tongs • Stain and odor resistant • Hygienic silicone molded onto scalloped steel heads so they do not come apart and nowhere for bacteria to grow Locking tongs brackets for a smoother locking action that will last years • Ergonomically designed silicone grips on the handles • Dishwasher safe If you love barbecues and grilled food, then BBQ Grill SET is the perfect product for you! BRUSH Think of the amazing family outing, gathering of your friends and delicious food. Everything seems great until you realize that the barbecue grill is dirty with greasy bits and grime and you have to immediately find a way to clean it. With this amazing barbecue grill brush though, you don’t need to run to your garage to find an old equipment to clean your grill. Grab this bbq grill cleaner before it runs out and never get worried about another long cleaning session of your grill. Click the orange “Add to Cart” button and Order your BBQ GRILL SET Today!
- BBQ GRILL SET (3 in1) GLOVES Durability with the highest level of cut resistant material available on the market – 4 times stronger than leather Superior grip with a snug fit for small and large hands – prepare food or work on jobs requiring precision with complete dexterity
- Ideal for cutting, slicing, peeling, and grating in the kitchen, wood carving, oyster shucking, carpentry, and so much more… 100% food safe and machine washable – keeping your gloves clean is easy
- HEAVY DUTY BBQ BRUSH . Stiff, thick stainless steel bristles combined with a long rigid handle make this one grilling accessory that has been built to last. SAFE OF ALL GRILL TYPES. Whether you have porcelain, stainless steel, cast iron, infrared, ceramic, electric, gas, charcoal, Char Broil, Big Green Egg or Weber Genesis, you can scrub away safe in the knowledge that you will not mark your grates.
- TONGS: 1000s of customers love StarPack’s silicone kitchen tongs for their durable locking tong mechanism and soft silicone tips. The handles have soft ergonomic grips, and the ring pull lock means easy storage. Clean up is a breeze – simply wipe under hot water or throw them in the dishwasher. Plus you’ll receive a BONUS comprehensive cooking guide PDF – ‘101 Tips and Techniques for Cooking Like a Chef’ – valued at $5.95 absolutely FREE!
- ESSENTIAL KITCHEN UTENSILS, BUILT TO LAST: StarPack’s premium tongs are made with extra thick 1.00mm stainless steel from the handles all the way to the scalloped steel heads, which are then hygienically coated in silicone so there are no removable parts for bacteria to grow. And the ring pull locking system on these tongs has special brackets to ensure a smooth, durable action that will last years. FULL STARPACK WARRANTY: Enjoy this by clicking the yellow ‘Add to Cart button’ above.
Whether you’re a newcomer or an expert chef, this book lets you kick up your grill skills by adding homemade sauces to your repertoire. Along with fun barbecue lore, kitchen tips, and chili-wrangling info (including the quick remedy to use when chili residue gets into your eyes), there are recipes for one-of-a-kind barbecue sauces, salsas and jams, steak sauce, original Texas- and Louisiana-style sauces, Alabama Whiskey sauce, and many more. Learn the differences between grill and barbecue sauces, why ketchup is a kind of individual yet universal genius, and how to create your own delicious sauces.
Smoking and Grilling Awesome Meals is Easier and Healthier Than You Think What Do You Know About Smoking and Grilling?
Grilling out is one of the best things about summer. Learn how you can use it to make your body healthier, too. With this book, you will learn some of the tips of the experts, the people who have invested a lot of their time into discovering the secrets to not only delicious flavors but healthy alternatives to the mainstream. A lot of people are watching much more than just their weight, these days, choosing to reduce certain ingredients to make their bodies more energetic and healthier overall.
Smoke your favorite meats, poultry and veggies. Create sides that are to die for. Your family and friends will love it!
Inside You Will Learn:
- How to Choose the Best Grill and Smoker
- How to Choose the Best Meats and Veggies
- How to Choose Healthy Options
- How Easy it is To Smoke Delicious Foods
- How to Spice It Up Just Right
Once you start grilling out and smoking your foods, you will want to use these methods year round. And it’s possible to do that. Many people will stand out in the rain and snow to grill their favorite meals. That can be you! It’s not hard to grill or smoke the right way. Your friends and family will thank you for learning how to do it right!
Don’t wait another minute. Learn how smoking and grilling out can improve your health, your meals and your life.Don’t Delay. Download This Book Now.
Part field guide to grilling and barbecuing and part cookbook, Master of the Grill features a wide variety of kitchen-tested recipes for meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, pizza, and more. These are the recipes everyone should know how to make— the juiciest burgers, barbecue chicken that’s moist not tough, tender grill-smoked pork ribs, the greatest steak (and grilled potatoes to serve alongside). Regional specialties are included, too—learn how to make Cowboy Steaks, Alabama BBQ Chicken, and Kansas City Sticky Ribs. Colorful photography captures the beauty of the recipes and step-by-step shots guide you through everything you need to know. A section on grilling essentials covers the pros and cons of gas and charcoal grills and which might be right for you, as well as the tools you’ll use with them— such as grill brushes, tongs, vegetable baskets, and wood chips and chunks.
Feast on such scrumptious dishes as:
Flatiron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce * Pork Roast with Salsa Verde * Chicken Parmesan Stacks * Ginger-Crusted Salmon with Melon Salsa * Glazed Rosemary Lamb Chops * Healthy Makeover Shepherd’s Pie * Cauliflower Mac ‘n’ Cheese * Slimmed-Down Potato Skins * Banana Berry Parfaits * and much more!