Fire Squares are a new style of fire starter that are lightweight, easy to use, and weather proof. Fire Squares are approximately 35 square inches of paraffin wax soaked recycled fabric which is folded into a square with a hole punched in the center. This shape allows for a slow burn to dry out tinder or a hot flame to quickly light your kindling on a cold night.
They’re small enough to fit in your pocket or survival kit. Take them on your next hiking, or camping trip and you’ll always be able to light a fire. Stop using messy and dangerous lighter fluid or gels that can spill or flare up, or chemicals like hexamine or trioxane that can release toxic gasses. Fire Squares can not spill, get crushed or evaporate. Made from the same stuff as a candle but as we like to say, Fire Squares are all wick, making them an excellent fire starter.
Fire Squares are eco-friendly, made from materials once destined for the landfill. Your Fire Squares are constructed from recycled fabric and will come in a wide range of fun colors and patterns.
Fire Squares light easily with a lighter or matches. Simply unfold a square into an accordion shape, then pile your kindling against it and you’re ready to go. Each square has a hole in the center that a stick can be stuck through to help hold the shape or use it to elevate the ignition point for better airflow.
With most fire starters you light a corner and hope that they burn long enough, or hot enough to do the job. With Fire Squares and the detailed instructions you’ll know how to get a fire started every time.
Each square burns for 2-7+ minutes, long enough to get your fire going. Use in your fireplace, on the trail, charcoal grill, or anywhere you need an easy fire at your command.
- Easy to use, store and travel with: Designed with the backpacker in mind, Fire Squares light easily, burn completely, and are individually packaged to protect from moisture. The design allows you to build a fire around them, so they are incredibly simple to use. The perfect fire starter to carry in your survival gear and bring along on your next hiking, backpacking or camping trip.
- The most versatile fire starter: Fire Squares’ design allows you to control the burn. The accordion shape makes it a snap to configure the burn characteristics. By expanding the surface area (spreading out the pleats) you’ll get a shorter duration, hotter flame. By reducing the surface area you can produce a cooler, long burning flame. It is up to you, you control the fire.
- Safe alternative to chemical fire starters: No chemical additives that can leave behind residues or messy lighter fluid or gels that can flare up or spill. Fire Squares are made from the same stuff as a candle but, as we like to say, Fire Squares are all wick, making them an excellent fire starter.
- Environmentally friendly: Fire Squares believes in reusing materials once destined for the landfill. Made from recycled fabric saturated in paraffin wax your squares will come in a wide range of fun colors and patterns. Using recycled materials helps us all to preserve our planets resources.
- Burns for 2-7+ minutes, long enough to get your fire going. Detailed instructions show you many ways to use Fire Squares indoors and out. Use in your fireplace, wood stove, Big Green Egg, smoker, fire pit, charcoal grill, Weber grill or BBQ. Anywhere you need an easy fire at your command.